[asterisk-users] Pereserving the callerid value when presentation set to witheld over sip

Gareth Blades list-asterisk at skycomuk.com
Mon Jul 19 10:00:03 CDT 2010

We are a telco so when we receive calls via ISDN and the number is
witheld we see the correct presentation value but also still see the
actual callers number in the callerid(num) variable.

I am trying to forward some of these calls over to one of our other
boxes via SIP but I have found that if the number is withend then the
sip packet contains :-
From: "Anonymous" <sip:Anonymous at anonymous.invalid>

I am running Asterisk 1.4.30

Is there a way to work around this?
I would prefer not to have to prefix the number with '141' for example.

Thanks
Gareth