[asterisk-users] Asterisk Queue + Caller ID issue

James A. Shigley jas at answeringserv.com
Mon Jul 19 07:41:40 CDT 2010

Ok I have a queue that is working perfectly.

The problem is when one of the agents is outside the building on an
external phone line (say a cell phone). My telco hangs up on the call .
I think the telco is hanging up on these calls because there is no CID
attached. (I know my telco wont connect calls without ANI, so that is
what it is my assumption)

So first I need to prove my assumption is right. How can I check if
those calls are being sent with caller ID. Because all I see on console
output for the phone call is this

    -- Channel 0/8, span 3 got hangup, cause 50 (sometimes cause 1 or 27
instead)

    -- Nobody picked up in 1000 ms

    -- Hungup 'DAHDI/56-1'

It doesn't show where it actually tried to dial or not. I know it works
because if I sent it to the in house number it calls that number and if
someone answers it they get the person who is on hold in the queue. It
only fails on outside the building calls.

So where do I check to see if it is or isn't attaching caller ID.

Let's assume I'm right and the CID is the issue; What config and/or
context do I need to change so that the  when a queue tries to place a
call to an agent there is caller ID?

James Shigley