[asterisk-users] Asterisk + Hylafax + Iiaxmodem - Outbound number.

Doug Lytle support at drdos.info
Sun Jul 18 14:28:26 CDT 2010

Marta Silva wrote:

> I have configured the (ttyIAX) modems with the specific
> values....I was hoping I could choose which one to use for each of the
> sip clients (defined on the GXW box), and this way, select the
> outbound number....if not, how can I do this?

My iaxmodems are configured as such:

[macro-faxreceive]

; ****************************************
; * Pass the fax call to iaxmodem/HylaFAX+
; ****************************************

exten => s,1,Dial(IAX2/iaxmodem.com01/${ARG1})
exten => s,n,Dial(IAX2/iaxmodem.com02/${ARG1})
exten => s,n,Dial(IAX2/iaxmodem.com03/${ARG1})
exten => s,n,Dial(IAX2/iaxmodem.com04/${ARG1})

I have 23 of them.  I can specify what modem to use if I wanted, by the
dial command.  You need to send a call to modem 4, then dial:

exten => s,n,Dial(IAX2/iaxmodem.com04/${ARG1})

This is assuming that you've configured your iax config file to mimic
the above.  Mine looks like:

cat iax*

[iaxmodem.template](!)
type=friend
host=dynamic
trunk=no
allowcallerid=yes
disallow=all
allow=slinear
secret=some.password
qualify=no
trunk=no
context=faxes

[iaxmodem.com01](iaxmodem.template) ; Software modem COM1

[iaxmodem.com02](iaxmodem.template) ; Software modem COM2

[iaxmodem.com03](iaxmodem.template) ; Software modem COM3

Doug

--
Ben Franklin quote: