[asterisk-users] Skype for Asterisk, Skype For SIP

Vieri rentorbuy at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 18 06:48:20 CDT 2010

Hi,

I'm trying to integrate Skype and Asterisk but I'm only interested in these 2 things:

1) allow any Asterisk SIP extension to call any Skype "user". I do not need to call landlines via Skype.

2) allow Internet Skype "users" to call my Asterisk PBX Skype "user" and route the call to a specific Asterisk SIP extension.

At first, I thought it would be simple and free. However, correct me if I'm wrong but the Skype "user" I can use within the Asterisk PBX cannot be the "standard type" (used by eg. desktop Skype applications) but needs to be created by the Skype User Manager for Business Solutions. I believe this has a price although Skype For SIP Open Beta seems to be free until Q4 2010.

Has anyone found a way to make "pure Internet user-to-user" Skype/SIP calls via Asterisk (no PSTN involved) for free?

Thanks,

Vieri