[asterisk-users] RFCFS - reload specified file

Tilghman Lesher tlesher at digium.com
Fri Jul 16 13:12:25 CDT 2010

On Friday 16 July 2010 12:59:43 Steve Edwards wrote:
> "Request For Comments on a Feature Suggestion" -- just wondering if others
> would find this useful.
>
> Frequently, when something really doesn't make sense, I like to bump up
> the console logging by editing logger.conf and changing
>
>          console = error

>          console = debug,dtmf,error,event,info,notice,verbose,warning
>
> and entering
>
>          logger reload
>
> When done, I have to undo the changes.
>
> It occurs to me that being able to just enter:
>
>          logger reload maximum-verbosity.conf
>
> would be a useful feature and would be useful in many situations like
> "iax2 reload" or "extensions reload."
>
> Yays or nays?

Sounds fine to me.  I don't think it should be particularly difficult to
implement, as long as the CLI command implementing the reload is
located in the same file as the reload itself (true for most modules,
but for chicken-and-egg init situations is not always true for the core).

--
Tilghman Lesher