[asterisk-users] RFCFS - reload specified file

Danny Nicholas danny at debsinc.com
Fri Jul 16 13:07:20 CDT 2010

-----Original Message-----
From: asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com
[mailto:asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com] On Behalf Of Steve Edwards
Sent: Friday, July 16, 2010 1:00 PM
To: Asterisk Users Mailing List
Subject: [asterisk-users] RFCFS - reload specified file

"Request For Comments on a Feature Suggestion" -- just wondering if others
would find this useful.

Frequently, when something really doesn't make sense, I like to bump up
the console logging by editing logger.conf and changing

         console = error

         console = debug,dtmf,error,event,info,notice,verbose,warning

and entering

         logger reload

When done, I have to undo the changes.

It occurs to me that being able to just enter:

         logger reload maximum-verbosity.conf

would be a useful feature and would be useful in many situations like
"iax2 reload" or "extensions reload."

Yays or nays?

--
Thanks in advance,