[asterisk-users] asterisk un-registering from provider

Eddie Mikell eddie at rimmkaufman.com
Tue Jul 13 12:35:35 CDT 2010

All:

Starting switching over my phone lines.

I got phone line 1 switched.  Everyone working.

I switched the second phone line, and it worked about an hour, then I
started getting errors from the cli saying the server could not register
with the providing.  I restarted the system, and it worked ok for about
30 minutes, and then started giving he same errors.

The error is
[Jul 13 11:21:14] NOTICE[27331]: chan_sip.c:10169 sip_reg_timeout:    --
Registration for '4342201092 at ia.ntelos.net' timed out, trying again
(Attempt #19)
 > doing dnsmgr_lookup for 'ia.ntelos.net'

It keeps doing this until I restart asterisk.

No, the password hasn't changed - the system works fine for anywhere
from 5 minutes to 30 minutes, but again, I suspect it depends on the
call load.

I suspect it has something to do with the call load, but there really
wasn't that many calls in progress - maybe 5 at the time of the
failure.  I have since switched the last phone back to the old system
(it handles the volume of our client calls).

Anyone else experience this?  Where should I start looking - at my
server, or at the provider?

Thanks,

Eddie