[asterisk-users] Complex Dialplan Help Needed

Geoffrey Yeoh pbyeoh at gelxis.co.uk
Mon Jul 12 17:09:30 CDT 2010

Hello all,

I have a project which requires me to rout calls from ten blocks of
sequential numbers i.e. 02081000100 - 02081000200 (each block - 100 numbers)
coming in from a telco gateway via Dahdi-SS7 to 10 specific numbers outside
the box through two to three SIP trunks (trunk 2 and 3 will be spare
capacity/redundant for trunk 1). CLI is crucial here as I need to forward
the CLI of the numbers from the blocks of numbers from the SS7 gateway, not
the CLI of the originating caller.

The Asterisk is behind a firewall with NAT setup. The traffic is one way
only. Calls going to the switch goes to Asterisk, Asterisk accepts the call,
looks at the CLI from the line (not the caller), routs the call to its
assigned outside number through the primary trunk. If primary trunk is
unavailable, trixbox will then rout the call to the spare trunks on the
list.

Hope anyone who has setup this before could give me some good tips on how to
set this up.

Geoffrey