[asterisk-users] Remote-Party-ID party=called

Steve Howes steve-lists at geekinter.net
Mon Jul 12 10:54:01 CDT 2010

On 12 Jul 2010, at 16:35, Jonas Kellens wrote:
> On 07/12/2010 05:01 PM, Steve Howes wrote:
>> On 12 Jul 2010, at 14:09, Jonas Kellens wrote:
>>
>>> I want to set the SIP-header Remote-Party-ID to display the name of the calling party on my phone in stead of the number.
>>>
>> Am I missing something or is this waht CALLERID(name) and sendrpid is for?..
>>
> If I'm not mistaken, sendrpid is an option in the sip.conf file that
> only can be set on/off. Can it be dynamically set in the dialplan ?

No. It merely makes it generate it from CALLERID

> Does this 'sendrpid' display the name of the person I am calling on my
> phone (in stead of the extension I am calling) ?

No, that wasn't what you asked for.. "display the name of the calling party on my phone"

> To be clear : when I dial 20, I want to see 'eric' on my display and not
> '20'. The dialed number needs to be transformed to a name without me
> having to use the phonebook-option of the IP-phone.

So you walled CALLED party displayed on your phone. There are a number of threads about this recently. You need asterisk trunk (soon to be 1.8). Doesn't exist in 1.6