[asterisk-users] How to calculate number of speakers needed for PAGING and INTERCOM coverage area?

Massimo Nuvoli massimo at archivio.it
Fri Jul 9 02:49:29 CDT 2010

bruce bruce ha scritto:
> Hi Guys,
>
> I am looking to buy a 25 Watt output CyberData VoIP amplifier and to use
> 2 Bogen sp308a speakers with it for a 40, 000 squar feet area and 21
> feet height. Is that enough? Is there calculator online I can use to
> determine the number of speakers needed? I guess these speakers go in
> chain so I am not sure if the full capacity of the speaker (30 watt)
> will be used.

Hummmm interesting... i never checked this kind of product.

CyberData has calculator only for the 8W model, but... every speaker
they sell is 8w and the calculator say 69 speakers. You can attach 2
speakers to one amplifier in parallel (they say this also), this is
the maximum as the amplifier cannot reach 32W (4 speakers), but you
can try to use 4 speakers (2 in parallel + 2 in parallel) with a
little less than maximum 8w on each speaker.

I think a reasonable number of speakers may be less than half, but you
must check wath is in the area, also remember if this is a warehouse
to place the speakers where a person can be, not goods. :-)

For a so big installation think to use a voip interface and
professional product with low voltage line speakers, i think is less
expensive.

Bye.