[asterisk-users] Rx/Tx fine tuning of analogue card to PRI card - Am I right with my theory?

bruce bruce bruceb444 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 9 00:32:02 CDT 2010

Hi Everyone,

I want to fine tune the Rx and Tx gain on an analogue Sangoma card by
dialing into another server that is running on Sangoma PRI card (both
services on Bell network).

[mwatt1004khz]
exten => s,1,Answer
exten => s,n,PlayTones(1004/1000)
exten => s,n,Wait(300)

If I match the Rx/Tx numbers on both sides by monitoring "ztmonitor X -vv"
am I right with my theory of getting the analogue channel quality as close
to the PRI channel as possible (and in turn get the best quality sound on
analogue lines)?

I can't find a Type 102 Milliwatt for Toronto area to test with but I think
my PRI should be a perfect test system???!!! The milliwatts provided by Bell
talk your number back to you instead of a contineous tone so they can't be
used for this purpose.

Thanks,
Bruce