[asterisk-users] Communication IAX2 >SIP>IAX2

khalid touati khalidtouati at gmail.com
Thu Jul 8 00:09:18 CDT 2010

2010/7/8 Kyle Kienapfel <doctor.whom at gmail.com>

> On Wed, Jul 7, 2010 at 10:34 AM, Adil Zaaraoui <adilzeaaraoui at yahoo.fr>
> wrote:
> > Dear list.
> >
> > Is it possible to use both IAX2 and SIP protocole during a dial?
> >
> > Illustration:
> >
> > I have peer A communicate with my Asterisk using IAX2 protocole.
> > I have peer B communicate with my Asterisk using SIP protocole.
> >
> > A and B are both registred to the same Asterisk.
> >
> > So is it possible that peer A communicate with peer B and vice versa?
> >
> > if yes how can i achieve that?
> >
> > Best regards

yes it is possible, all you have to to is use the Dial application according
to what technology your peer is using, and asterisk do the translation for
you automatically:

exten = XXX,1,Dial(IAX2/A,20,) and exten = XXX,1,Dial(SIP/B,20,)

you can also use one Dial that try to reach this extension using both
technologies.

exten = XXX,1,Dial(IAX2/A&SIP/A,,) (or if A=555 for ex: exten =
555,Dial(IAX2/${EXTEN}&SIP/${EXTEN},,)

you can find this and more on the future of telephony book.

Good luck!!