[asterisk-users] How to work Asterisk with Video Conference

Carlos Chavez cursor at telecomabmex.com
Wed Jul 7 11:59:04 CDT 2010

On Wed, 2010-07-07 at 10:06 +0530, Hiren Mistry wrote:
> Hi,
>
> How do I configure Asterisk as a Video Conference purpose. What package
> I need to configure and what steps I need to follow to configure in
> dial-plan to authenticate user.
>
> Regards,
> Hiren Mistry

	Asterisk is not a "Video Conference" solution.  You can make video
calls point to point but that is it.  If you only need to connect two
sites then you can get a video phone with an external camera input and
tv output so you can get a better view but if you need three or more you
need to get a dedicated solution.

	To configure you just need to uncomment "videosupport=yes" from
sip.conf and add the video codecs to your peers.

Carlos Chávez Prats
Director de Tecnología
+52-55-91169161 ext 2001