[asterisk-users] This may be a problem.. Answer not working on 1.4.32 over SIP trunk..

Massimo Nuvoli massimo at archivio.it
Wed Jul 7 03:13:58 CDT 2010

I found a strange thing on Asterisk 1.4.32, the same defect on 1.4.26.?

I spend 4 hours to try to solve... but found only a workaround.

As is easy to reproduce the problem i need to know if this is a bug or
if there is some idiot configuration that i miss.

Maybe also the bug is know...

Scenario:

Asterisk installation on ubuntu 9.04 64 bit.

Trunk SIP (two different providers)

On the Asterisk server there are a number of SIP clients.

If i use the sip client all things ok, i made a call and everything ok.

If i place the call from the server (or if i call trhu the SIP trunk
the asterisk system) everytime the Answer() application seeems to NOT
work.

The only way to make it work is to use some other function that do the
Answer in place.

(call coming from the SIP trunk)
If i use

Answer()
MusicOnHold()

I hear nothing.

If i use

Answer()
PlayBack(silence/1)
MusicOnHold()

or

Answer()
VoiceMail(1234 at default)

i can hear all ok (it seems that the PlayBack and the VoiceMail apps
are able to Answer really...)

I checked the SIP debug trace, it seems no problem on the SIP side.

Thnks guys.