[asterisk-users] Caller ID on analog line

Etienne Bagnoud etienne.bagnoud at irovision.ch
Wed Jul 7 08:40:40 CDT 2010

Hello,

I'm new to asterisk and trying to set up a PBX that's connected to ISDN
on the telecom operator side (Swisscom, Switzerland) and has analog line
on the local side. I use Digium B410PF and AEX2460EF cards.
Globally, everything is working well except that I can't get the CID
sent to the analog phone.

I tried with all combinations of options I could think of and several
asterisk version (the SVN-trunk-r27331, 1.6.2.6 and 1.6.2.8). I called
Swissccom (in case they knew something about that) but they couldn't
help me. I also did my homework, but didn't find any solution on
Asterisk wiki, mailing lists archives and Google.

Here is the actual working configuration (stripped down at the minimum
required) of chan_dahdi.conf (commented is the options I've played
with):

  [channels]

  tonezone=30
  progzone=30

  internationalprefix=00
  nationalprefix=0
  dialplan=unknown
  pridialplan=unknown
  prilocaldialplan=unknown

  ;cidstart=polarity
  ;cidsignalling=v23
  ;sendcalleridafter=0
  usecallerid=yes
  hidecallerid=no

  ;mwimonitor=fsk

  ; group 1 is incoming swisscom isdn line
  signalling =bri_cpe
  group=1
  context=incoming
  channel => 1-2
  channel => 4-5

  ;Analog channel
  signalling=fxo_ks
  group=3
  context=from-inside

  channel=>13

Here in the dialplan (down to the minimum) :

  [incoming]

  exten => 21,1,Verbose(${CALLERID(num)})
  exten => 21,n,Dial(Dahdi/g3/13)

I tried to set manually the cid, but it didn't work. The Verbose
display the caller id correctly but it doesn't go any further.

So I must have missed something, but I don't know what and I don't know
where to look. If someone can help me ...

Thanks,
Etienne.