[asterisk-users] How to secure Configuration files

Paul Belanger paul.belanger at polybeacon.com
Tue Jul 6 07:08:52 CDT 2010

On Tue, Jul 6, 2010 at 7:40 AM, ABBAS SHAKEEL
<shakeel.abbas.qau at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello Community,
>
> I have a question , I have been working with asterisk and developed some
> successful applications. I am facing an issue of security i.e.  We deploy
> servers to client end. Now i dont want the client to see my configuration
> files (Of course copy and distribute or replicate the logic with out
> permission).

You have no problems using Asterisk and GPL, but not distributing your settings?

> Is there a way that the configuration files get encrypted or some thing else
> so that some one who have system access can not copy the configuration files
> data or look into that files.

No, asterisk still needs permission to view your config files. Lock
down the box and deny your customer access to the hardware.

$ chmod -R 600 /etc/asterisk

Of course, this is all a moot point if they have physical access to the machine.

--
Paul Belanger | dCAP
Polybeacon | Consultant