[asterisk-users] SIP Trunk configuration problem - fromdomain

Eyal Goltzman egoltzman at gmail.com
Mon Jul 5 05:18:41 CDT 2010

Hello,

I'm trying to register to my provider sip trunk, I got from him an host IP
(a.b.c.d) to connect to and my provider recognize me based on the fixed IP
(x.y.z.w) he gave me (no need for username and password)

In the sip.conf I add:

[mytrunk]
type=friend
insecure=no
host=a.b.c.d
fromdomain=x.y.z.w
qualify=3600
nat=no ; change to yes if you are behind NAT
bindport=5060
bindaddr=0.0.0.0
context=default
disallow=all
allow=ulaw
allow=alaw

Now, my asterisk resides in my internal network (10.100.101.107) and in the
SIP requests that sent to the provider I can see (via a sniffer) that the
"From" and "Contact" fields have - sip:asterisk at 10.100.101.107 and not the
x.y.z.w I expected to see as a result of the fromdomain=x.y.z.w.

Any idea?

Thanks,

Eyal