[asterisk-users] app_directory broken in 1.6

cjwstudios cjwstudios at gmail.com
Sun Jan 31 18:12:15 CST 2010

 Hello,

I have separate contexts defined in voicemail.conf as follows:

[abcdental]
100 => 1234,John Doe

And call application directory using the following syntax:
exten => 1,1,Directory(abcdental[,abcdental,f])

However since I migrated from 1.4 to 1.6, app_directory no longer parses the
voicemail.conf to match the full name of the mailbox. App_directory only
matches directory names based on the entries registered to the default
context (voicemail show users)

Therefore my workaround has been to define the users in users.conf; however
the problem with that is that the fullnames in users.conf only register to
the default, which means that users from multiple contexts are returned when
only the specified context should be returned.

It seems that the first argument of the app directory "vm-context"
Directory([vm-context][,dial-context[,options]]) is broken as app_directory
will only return matches from the default context regardless of vm-context
specified.

Any thoughts are appreciated.