[asterisk-users] SIP Registration Failure Logging

Jim Rosenberg jr at amanue.com
Sun Jan 31 16:51:35 CST 2010

Let's say I have two Asterisk boxes, A and B. I am trying to get A to do
SIP registration on B, so an extension for A can dial SIP phones covered by
B. If I examine the logs on B, if the registration succeeds, I am seeing a
notice to that effect on B. But if the registration *fails*, i'm not seeing
any message logged on B. Maybe I'm just not looking in the right place. Is
there a way to turn on logging or debugging so registration failures are
logged on the "target"?

I'm doing something profoundly stupid, and seeing the notorious

chan_sip.c:12009 handle_response_invite: Failed to authenticate on INVITE

message, and trying to trace why.

-Thanks, Jim