[asterisk-users] sip to dahdi and billsec

Uros Djokic uros.djokic at gmail.com
Sun Jan 31 14:54:02 CST 2010

Hi,

My costumers are logged in on my Asterisk PBX through XLite Softphone (SIP).
My server is
connected to PSTN. Problem is when SIP phone calls ordinary phone via dahdi
I get
DAHDI/1-1 ANSWERED SIP/number-number and billsec field from cdr is start
counting.

Is it normal behavior ? Can I change that ?

So channel gets in ANSWERED state and billsec starts as soon as line starts
to ring even if no one really pick up ordinary phone and costumer did not
talk to anyone.
That leads to problem that costumers will be billed even if they did not
make a real
conversation.

How can I avoid that behavior and set asterisk to start counting billsecs
after
someone really pick up the phone on the other side ?

How can I distinguish real (talking to) call from just ring (no real answer
call)
when both are in state ANSWERED ?

I tried with timeout 20 in Dial command but since channel is "answered" when
it
starts to ring timeout is not doing what I want.

Here is my Dial command:
exten => _X.,n,Dial(dahdi/g0/${EXTEN},20,L(${Limit}:60000:20000)hH)

It works very good in case ordinary phone calls sip (for incoming calls from
PSTN)
because I need to click answer on xlite to move call in state ANSWERED so if
I don't
click it is not answered and timeout works.

Can you help me with that ?

Thanks,
Uros

--