[asterisk-users] 911, Location

Muro, Sam research at businesstz.com
Sun Jan 31 14:48:30 CST 2010

Hi Shahnawaz

Have you considered how you are going to address location issue for Mobile
users calling 911. You should think of SS7 MAP/TCAP to atleast know their
Cell ID

Regards
Sam
> Thanks very much everybody who contributed their thoughts. I would try
to get some DID's so that each physical location can be identified by
911 call Center.

> Regards
>
> Shahnawaz
>
> On 2010-01-29, at 2:41 PM, Kevin P. Fleming wrote:
>
>> Leif Neland wrote:
>>
>>> 2: Often callers are answered with an automated message "This is 911,
please hold", just to give pranksters/misdiallers a chance to hang up
before "disturbing" the operator. Unless 911 records the incoming call
>>> right from the start, they will never hear the "im-at" message. And even
>>> if they do, they have to know the message is there to seek on the
recording.

>> In the US at least, calls to PSAPs are recorded from the instant the
last digit is dialed, before the call is even routed and ringing (on
wireline networks where this is possible, anyway).