[asterisk-users] microphone on Polycom 550/650

Michael Graves mgraves at mstvp.com
Sat Jan 30 11:02:44 CST 2010

There's no issue here. There are parameters in the Polycom config files
for the various gain settings. The headset, handset and speakerphone
volume and mic gains are all separate. They can be tweaked as you like
via the config files.

Michael

--Original Message Text---
From: hin lee
Date: Sat, 30 Jan 2010 08:37:24 -0800 (PST)

Yes, the external calls are going over DAHDI.  The problem is on the
Polycom phones b/c if I pick up the handset, the other end can hear me
fine.  The problem is when using the hands-free (speakerphone) instead
the handset.

Here are some similar posting of the sa
issue.

http://www.trixbox.org/forums/vendor-forums-certified/polycom/increasing
-speakerphone-tx-gain
http://www.trixbox.org/forums/vendor-moderated-forums/polycom/430-sound-
volume-gain

Most of our phones are IP 550.  Where and what do I need to adjust the
setting to fix this issue?  Any Polycom experts in this mailing list?