[asterisk-users] Questions about asterisk and spa2102

Steve Edwards asterisk.org at sedwards.com
Fri Jan 29 21:37:16 CST 2010

On Fri, 29 Jan 2010, Kosa wrote:

> 1.- is it possible to use an spa2102 to make and revice calls from a
> "normal" phone? I mean, I know I can use it to connect an analog to an
> asterisk server, but I want to know if it can be used to connect
> asterisk to the analog phoneline.

The 2102 is an FXS ("station") device. It connects to things like a
telephone or a fax machine.

The 3102 is an FXS and FXO ("office") device. You can plug in a telephone
and the wire coming out of the wall. I have the predecessor, the 3000. It
has the neat feature that if it loses power it will "bridge" the FXS and
FXO ports so the telephone can still be used. I don't know if current
models still have this feature.

> 2.- I'm trying to unlock the spa2102 with no succes at the moment, any
> links or hint will be very appreciated.

I did this many years ago with some PAP2s that were locked to Vonage.
Definitely not worth the effort it took to configure my name servers to
pretend they were Vonage's so they could resolve Vonage's names to my
local IP addresses and setting up the Ethernet interface aliases to
Vonage's IP addresses.

--
Thanks in advance,