[asterisk-users] Use of "603 Declined"

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Fri Jan 29 02:54:48 CST 2010

Agree that the 603 is wrong. It hasn't caused me issues but I see where it could. And it goes against what I have been teaching in my classes, which is irritating ;-)

In Asterisk, it's only used when we have no other hangup cause - and is propably an indication that there is a code path that doesn't set the proper hangup cause.

I'm willing to implement a bug fix for this and have it configurable in released code and make it default in trunk. I don't want to force changed behaviour in released code.

Now, what would be a 4xx class generic error message on the same level?
/O