[asterisk-users] Use of "603 Declined"

Kristian Kielhofner kristian.kielhofner at gmail.com
Thu Jan 28 16:16:00 CST 2010

On Thu, Jan 28, 2010 at 4:52 PM, Alex Balashov
<abalashov at evaristesys.com> wrote:

> I was just about to mention the disable_6xx_block parameter, but figured
> it would be too pedantic/off-topic for this thread.

  I didn't.  Google has a great memory and hopefully now when some
poor soul is researching this (Asterisk + OpenSIPS/Kamailio 6xx
replies) they will find this thread to tie their solution together.

> I can't think of any cases where it should be used except where some
> sort of formal error arises, to be honest.  When is Asterisk ever in an
> authoritative position to deem a destination certifiably unreachable
> except, perhaps, an invalid IP address, unresolvable host, or something
> of that sort?

  Agreed.  Even then, on an incoming request, how would it know?

--
Kristian Kielhofner
http://www.astlinux.org