[asterisk-users] fax over IP - http/ftp-provisioning - intercom

jonas kellens jonas.kellens at telenet.be
Sat Jan 23 08:11:56 CST 2010

Dear members of the list,

a customer of mine has some questions and I would like to pose some of
them further to you guys.

What is the situation with Asterisk and fax over IP ? Can Asterisk
receive a fax over a POTS or ISDN line ?? Do I then need a Digium
TDM-card and an FXO-module or a T38-gateway ?

What phones should I use to automatically configure them from a central
place via HTTP or FTP ? I know Polycom-phones offer this option.

How can I implement intercom functionality ? Which phones have
auto-answer ? And how do I implement this in the Asterisk dialplan ??

I'm used to working with Asterisk 1.4. I hope the above is possible in
an 1.4 environment.

Thank you for your feedback.

Jonas.