[asterisk-users] Virtual Asterisk Installation

Jim Dickenson dickenson at cfmc.com
Wed Jan 20 19:06:04 CST 2010

My development system for asterisk is a virtual CentOS 5.4 world running under Fusion on my MacBook. I am usually only doing a few calls at a time. I have an IAX trunk to our office Asterisk PBX so I can access the PRI line there. I do meetme rooms and recording of calls and all seems to work well.

I have even used a Xorcom Astribank on my virtual world for testing.

Virtual worlds do have a place even in the Asterisk world.

For a very small office like the OP was talking about things will likely work.

I do agree that as the system he is thinking of using is a low use system adding asterisk to it in its current state will likely be a good solution.

--
Jim Dickenson
mailto:dickenson at cfmc.com

CfMC