[asterisk-users] 10/100 voip phones and gigabit connection

Hans Witvliet hwit at a-domani.nl
Sat Jan 16 03:59:30 CST 2010

On Fri, 2010-01-15 at 19:10 -0700, Andrew Hakman wrote:

> 2 cables is definitely the best, followed by a cheap gig switch at each desk.

GB lan for interconnecting computers would be optimal.
Seperate cabling for voip: ok, but i wouldn't put a switch at every
desktop: A 100MB switch with power-over-ethernet can be put on a UPS.

During my last blackout i found out that all but my switches were on the
UPS... bummer!
And i presume that Gb-p.o.e are even more expensive than 100Mb-p.o.e.

hw