[asterisk-users] Beginners Guide to setting up a Call Centre

Lyle Giese lyle at lcrcomputer.net
Fri Jan 15 18:54:37 CST 2010

Peter Childs wrote:
>  Ok this has Probably been put to bed several time but never mind.
>
> Elastix, Trixbox, or AsterixNow, or DIY (ie Ubuntu or whatever
> installed with OpenPBX, Asterix etc by hand)
>
> I've got a new server to run Asterix on and want to get it working
> quickly and yet be configurable in the future with out having to
> reisntall and start again regally.
>
> Currently no VoIP hardware but that will come once I prove the concept. I guess
>
> Oh the machine does not have a CD Rom Drive so a network/USB install
> would be nice...... But I guess I can open the case and plug one in
> for installation if I must!
> (Says he who has just installed Ubuntu over the network to check the
> computer works!)
>
> Peter.

In regards to a CD/DVD drive, I have a small ISP farm for web/email
hosting. I stopped putting cd/dvd readers in the servers about 2 years
ago. All the new motherboards out there support booting from a USB
drive, so why bother? Get one good DVD drive and put it in a case with a
USB adapter in it and just plug it in when you need it.

Lyle Giese
LCR Computer Services, Inc.