[asterisk-users] Beginners Guide to setting up a Call Centre

Stephen Davies stephen.l.davies at gmail.com
Fri Jan 15 08:23:51 CST 2010

2010/1/15 Peter Childs <pchilds at bcs.org>

> Elastix, Trixbox, or AsterixNow, or DIY (ie Ubuntu or whatever
> installed with OpenPBX, Asterix etc by hand)
>
> I've got a new server to run Asterix on and want to get it working
> quickly and yet be configurable in the future with out having to
> reisntall and start again regally.
>
> Currently no VoIP hardware but that will come once I prove the concept. I
> guess
>
> Oh the machine does not have a CD Rom Drive so a network/USB install
> would be nice...... But I guess I can open the case and plug one in
> for installation if I must!
> (Says he who has just installed Ubuntu over the network to check the
> computer works!)

Decide if you are going to be a zealot for your preferred approach - Ubuntu
and all that - or if you want a solution that works without tons of extra
work.  If you wisely decide that you want the latter, then get Elastix and
install it.  Buy QueueMetrics and install on your Elastix build.  Start
running your inbound call centre.

Steve