[asterisk-users] iaxmodem / hylafax receive problem

Kingsley Tart kingsley at skymarket.co.uk
Thu Jan 14 09:51:34 CST 2010

On Thu, 2010-01-14 at 15:25 +0000, Jeff LaCoursiere wrote:
> Actually it is fairly clear that his dialplan is correctly routing the
> calls to iaxmodem, and that iaxmodem is simply not completing the
> training.  I would say that the fax machine you are testing with is either
> on a horribly noisy POTS line, is on a VoIP line and you don't realize it,
> or is one of the fax machines that is just incompatible with hylafax class
> 1 support (have run into a few of those).  The suggestion to try from
> other fax machines is a good one.
>
> I suppose that is one piece you could tell us, though.  Are you forcing
> class 1 support?

Hi,

Thanks for the answers so far. I've got the following in config.ttyIAX*

ModemType:              Class1

I've managed to get someone else to send me a fax successfully to this,
it's just not working from /our/ fax machine. However, I can
successfully send from this old cranky fax machine of ours to one of our
other asterisk gateways that has the same hardware and software on it.
This is a new box I'm trying to set up and I've even copied the iaxmodem
and hylafax configs from the working machine.

Is there anything else you need to see?

--
Cheers,
Kingsley.