[asterisk-users] iaxmodem / hylafax receive problem

Jeff LaCoursiere jeff at jeff.net
Thu Jan 14 09:25:56 CST 2010

On Thu, 14 Jan 2010, Doug Lytle wrote:

> Kingsley Tart wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm trying to receive faxes using hylafax / iaxmodem but I just can't
>> get it to work. We're using Sangoma E1 cards and have calls coming in
>>

> Without seeing your config files for iaxmodem and hylafax and also
> seeing a dialplan snippet on how you're launching calls from Asterisk to
> hylafax, it's not going to be easy to help you.
>
> Doug

Actually it is fairly clear that his dialplan is correctly routing the
calls to iaxmodem, and that iaxmodem is simply not completing the
training.  I would say that the fax machine you are testing with is either
on a horribly noisy POTS line, is on a VoIP line and you don't realize it,
or is one of the fax machines that is just incompatible with hylafax class
1 support (have run into a few of those).  The suggestion to try from
other fax machines is a good one.

I suppose that is one piece you could tell us, though.  Are you forcing
class 1 support?

Cheers,