[asterisk-users] Interfacing to NEC Xen Master PBX

John Treen john at canningcollege.wa.edu.au
Mon Jan 11 20:44:17 CST 2010

Hi,

We are currently in the process of installing an Asterisk box between
our legacy PBX (NEC Xen Master) and the Telco (Telstra). Originally the
PBX was connected to the telco via 8x BRIs. Our new Asterisk box has
been setup with 2 OpenVox B800P cards. Each card has the 4 ports in TE
mode and 4 ports in NT mode. The NEC PBX is connected to the Asterisk
boxes NT ports and the Asterisk box is connected to the telco on the TE
ports.

So far Asterisk is able to make calls to the PSTN via the telco and also
receive calls from the telco to Asterisk. Now the strange part is that
the NEC PBX can make calls into Asterisk, but Asterisk is unable to make
calls back to the PBX.

The layout of the system is [NEC PBX] <--> [Asterisk] <--> [Telstra].

Version Information:
Hardware: IBM x-Series server (dual core Xeon)
Operating System: Debian Linux 5.0 (64-bit)
Asterisk: 1.6.2.0-1.7918
DAHDI: 2.2.0.2~dfsg-1 (patched to support B800P and allow manual setting
of TE/NT mode)

Does anyone have any suggestions of where to look or what may be the
problem. I can supply any logs or debug files required.

I have tried turning on pri debugging on the spans that connect the
Asterisk box to the NEC PBX and have noticed that when trying to make an
outbound call Asterisk doesn't seem to get any responses from the PBX,
but when the PBX makes a call you can see communication going on between
the two systems.

I'm not sure what the best way to provide log files are. Should I send
them in the email to the list or upload them to a site for download?

Regards,
John Treen