[asterisk-users] No dial-tone with X101P FXO card

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Sun Jan 10 02:47:53 CST 2010

On Sun, Jan 10, 2010 at 12:25:10AM -0800, Nitin Bahadur wrote:
> Hi Tzafrir,
>
>    Some more background...I have a comcast phone line
> which I have connected to my FXO port. When I call my
> number, it goes directly to comcast voicemail....in other words,
> there is no ringing tone and pickup by asterisk.
>
>     See inline below with NB>...
>
> On Sat, Jan 9, 2010 at 11:56 PM, Tzafrir Cohen <tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com>wrote:
>
> > On Sat, Jan 09, 2010 at 11:33:06PM -0800, Nitin Bahadur wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > >   I installed a 1-port FXO on my Ubuntu 8.4. I was earlier only hearing
> > > a fast clicking sound and now I am not hearing any dial-tone. The FXO
> > > card has 2 slots: [phone | line ]. I hve connected the wall-phone-input
> > > to the "line" slot and "phone" to my home-phone. I do not hear any
> > dial-tone
> > > on my home-phone.
> >
> > Those two slots are pass-through. The card is a single-port FXO
> > ("phone").
> >
> > NB> Yeah...stupid me.
>

> > > jserver*CLI> zap show channels
> > >    Chan Extension  Context         Language   MOH Interpret
> > > pseudo            default                    default
> > >       1            internal        en         default
> >
> > What's the output of:
> >
> >  dialplan show internal
> >
> > in the asterisk CLI?
> >

> jserver*CLI> dialplan show internal
> [ Context 'internal' created by 'pbx_config' ]
>   '_X.' =>          1. Dial(Zap/1)
> [pbx_config]

1. An incoming analog FXO call does not provide a number. Which is why
chan_dahdi gives it an "empty" extension number - 's' .

Another thing to note is that you expect any call here to dial to an
analog phone on the same line, which will not happen.

Try something along the lines of:

[internal]
exten => s,1,Answer
exten => s,n,NoOp(Got a call)
exten => s,n,Playback(demo-instruct)
exten => s,n,Hangup

Alternatively, look at the [demo] context from the example dialplan. It
should demonstrate a simple IVR.

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
icq#16849755              jabber:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com