[asterisk-users] No dial-tone with X101P FXO card

Nitin Bahadur nitinb at gmail.com
Sun Jan 10 02:25:10 CST 2010

Hi Tzafrir,

   Some more background...I have a comcast phone line
which I have connected to my FXO port. When I call my
number, it goes directly to comcast voicemail....in other words,
there is no ringing tone and pickup by asterisk.

    See inline below with NB>...

On Sat, Jan 9, 2010 at 11:56 PM, Tzafrir Cohen <tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com>wrote:

> On Sat, Jan 09, 2010 at 11:33:06PM -0800, Nitin Bahadur wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> >   I installed a 1-port FXO on my Ubuntu 8.4. I was earlier only hearing
> > a fast clicking sound and now I am not hearing any dial-tone. The FXO
> > card has 2 slots: [phone | line ]. I hve connected the wall-phone-input
> > to the "line" slot and "phone" to my home-phone. I do not hear any
> dial-tone
> > on my home-phone.
>
> Those two slots are pass-through. The card is a single-port FXO
> ("phone").
>
> NB> Yeah...stupid me.

> > jserver*CLI> zap show channels
> >    Chan Extension  Context         Language   MOH Interpret
> > pseudo            default                    default
> >       1            internal        en         default
>
> What's the output of:
>
>  dialplan show internal
>
> in the asterisk CLI?

jserver*CLI> dialplan show internal
[ Context 'internal' created by 'pbx_config' ]
  '_X.' =>          1. Dial(Zap/1)
[pbx_config]

-= 1 extension (1 priority) in 1 context. =-