[asterisk-users] Multicast RTP Paging

Philipp von Klitzing klitzing at pool.informatik.rwth-aachen.de
Fri Jan 8 20:47:55 CST 2010

Hi!

> I am trying to use the RTPPage application on asterisk 1.4 using the
> Snom 320's??

Are you asking us if you are trying to do this? Only you would know. ;-)

> i have the same IP/Port to be listened on for multicast traffic on the
> Snom 320's. But when i make a call to 1234, the snom 320 does not get
> answered at all.
>
> If i use the same command and the IP of the Snom instead of the
> multicase IP, i was able to have the snom auto answer the call on
> Speaker.

Have you first tested the SNOM multi-cast feature with either VLC or MAST
to make sure it is set up correctly? Details are here:

http://www.voip-
info.org/wiki/index.php?page=Asterisk+phone+snom#RelatedMulticastapp_rtppa
geAsterisk16orl

Note: For the SNOM this is not a phone call, it does therefore not
"answer"; all you get is a "remote speaker" without local volume control,
and without any entiers in the call list/history.

Philipp