[asterisk-users] Multicast RTP Paging

Krishna Sumanth Chava kschava at gmail.com
Fri Jan 8 16:37:06 CST 2010

HI Guys,

I am trying to use the RTPPage application on asterisk 1.4 using the Snom
320's?? My goal is to do the paging using a multicast IP address.

I tried the app_rtppage.c and i can only do unicast on the snom's and i was
unable to do a multicast.

https://issues.asterisk.org/view.php?id=11797
http://svnview.digium.com/svn/asterisk?revision=101218&view=revision

My dialplan command is as below.

exten => 1234,1,RTPPage(basic|224.1.1.1:7000|ulaw|ef)

i have the same IP/Port to be listened on for multicast traffic on the Snom
320's. But when i make a call to 1234, the snom 320 does not get answered at
all.

If i use the same command and the IP of the Snom instead of the multicase
IP, i was able to have the snom auto answer the call on Speaker.

I would like get assistance from the community in this issue.

Thanks as always

Regards
Krishna