[asterisk-users] iaxmodem to ReceiveFAX crashes Asterisk equipped with B410P

Olivier oza-4h07 at myamail.com
Thu Jan 7 05:12:52 CST 2010

2010/1/7 Johann Steinwendtner <steinwendtner at gmx.net>

> Olivier schrieb:
> >

> > 2010/1/7 David Backeberg <dbackeberg at gmail.com
> > <mailto:dbackeberg at gmail.com>>
> >
> >     On Wed, Jan 6, 2010 at 6:23 PM, Olivier <oza-4h07 at myamail.com
> >     <mailto:oza-4h07 at myamail.com>> wrote:
> >      > The second time I'm dialing an internal extension attached to the
> >     same
> >      > ReceiveFAX application :
> >      >
> >      > 2.   sendfax/hylafax/iaxmodem ----> asterisk ----> spandsp
> >      >
> >      > In the 2nd case, I've got 3 craches out of 3 attempts (with a
> >     rough estimee,
> >      > the crash occurs 2 or 4s after ReceiveFAX's start).
> >      > Before wasting anybody's time and effort within Asterisk support
> >     team, I
> >      > would like to double check here if the case that crashes Asterisk
> >     is within
> >      > specifications of involved apps.
> >      > In other words, can you normally use Hylafax to send faxes to
> inner
> >      > extensions or do you hace to stick to PSTN numbers ?
> >
> >     I've never successfully done what you're trying to do, so I came to
> >     the conclusion that it was not supported.
> >

> > My reasoning is exactly the same as yours.
> > It would be great if a developer could drop in and tell if this feature
> > is supported or not.
> >
> What asterisk version and spandsp version do you use ?

1.6.1.11 and 0.0.6pre12

I've seen a couples of rissues in Mantis (
https://issues.asterisk.org/view.php?id=16361 for instance) related to
faxing but nothing for iaxmodem/ReceiveFAX interop.

IMO a crash can
> never be an answer if this kind of setup is supported or not.

Yes, I agree with that (Asterisk shouldn't crash at all) but I also think
that it's not practical to develop a system so robust that it won't crash if
the environment or usage is outside its specs.