[asterisk-users] iaxmodem to ReceiveFAX crashes Asterisk equipped with B410P

Olivier oza-4h07 at myamail.com
Wed Jan 6 17:23:59 CST 2010

Hi,

I'm sending twice the same file using Hylafax's sendfax app.
The first time I'm "dialing" a DID attached to the ReceiveFAX application.
The second time I'm dialing an internal extension attached to the same
ReceiveFAX application :

1.   sendfax/hylafax/iaxmodem ----> asterisk ----> dadhi ----> dahdi ---->
asterisk ----> spandsp
2.   sendfax/hylafax/iaxmodem ----> asterisk ----> spandsp

In the 1st case, I've got 3 successes out of 3 attempts.
In the 2nd case, I've got 3 craches out of 3 attempts (with a rough estimee,
the crash occurs 2 or 4s after ReceiveFAX's start).

To complete description, I should say :
- I'm using a single asterisk instance
- dahdi to dahdi communication is done by a simple patch cord going from one
port to another port of a unique Digium B410P,
- everything (Hylafax, iaxmodem, asterisk) is installed on the same Lenny
server.

Before wasting anybody's time and effort within Asterisk support team, I
would like to double check here if the case that crashes Asterisk is within
specifications of involved apps.
In other words, can you normally use Hylafax to send faxes to inner
extensions or do you hace to stick to PSTN numbers ?

Regards