[asterisk-users] Really Silly Question From Total Newbie

Randy R randulo2008 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 6 01:21:26 CST 2010

On Wed, Jan 6, 2010 at 6:48 AM, Allann Jones <allanjos at gmail.com> wrote:
> Jailbreak your iPhone and install Cydia to have a Unix like open
> source environment (based on Debian), then install Siphon SIP client,
> and have fun!

There are at least 4 iPhone SIP clients available for $3-10 that work
well and do not require jailbreaking the phone.

http://www.voipusersconference.org/2009/sip-for-apple-iphone/

http://www.open-voip.com/blogs/blog1/2009/09/27/voip-on-the-iphone-and-ipod-touch-a-comp

By the way, this thread make me realize that-two year contracts should
have an unemployment clause that would allow the signee to trade the
subsidized phone for a basic one and reduce to normal, inexpensive
cell service. There should be a legitimate out for provable force
majeur other than bankruptcy. The lack of this is just one of the
reasons I have never signed a contract and stick to prepaid. But I
digress... as usual!

/r