[asterisk-users] Realtime Queue Members Not Ringing

Robert Broyles bahjons at gmail.com
Mon Jan 4 14:46:18 CST 2010

Robert Broyles wrote:
> Hi,
>
> So I'm using Asterisk Realtime Queues and Queue members on 1.4.28.
> I've noticed if there are no people in the queue when a call enters,
> even after a queue member enters, the call is never rang to him.
>
> From the debug, it seems that Asterisk is only grabbing the queue
> member list upon entering the queue. And not again until another call
> enters the queue. As a result, a caller will sit in the queue for an
> unknown amount of time until the the next caller enters the queue.
>
> My next thought was, 'well, I'll leave the queue member in there and
> just pause him when he goes on break'... but the same thing occurs. If
> the caller enters the queue when the member is paused, Asterisk
> continues to see him paused until another call enters the queue.
>
> So my question is this, is this fixed in 1.6.x? Or does anyone else
> even see this as a problem/bug?  Might I suggest a fix of if the queue
> is empty upon entry of a call, Asterisk checks back every 15 seconds
> (or whatever) to refresh the queue member list.
> Btw, if a 'queue show <queuename>' is done from CLi, or
> QUEUE_MEMBER_COUNT() is used it will grab a new member list, and the
> call will ring through. Just seems like a bad behavior.
>
> Any thoughts?
>
> --Robert

So 1.6.x doesn't have any improvement in this regard.

Can someone point me in the right direction here?

Maybe modify app_queue to refresh the queue member list from time to
time? Or even after the periodic announcement would be good - anything
would be an improvement.

Right now I have a cron running every minute to 'queue show
<queuename>'  - but that's not scalable, especially after you have
several queues you need to do this with.

What's the logic in the current system?