[asterisk-users] Realtime Queue Members Not Ringing

Robert Broyles bahjons at gmail.com
Mon Jan 4 07:08:32 CST 2010

Hi,

So I'm using Asterisk Realtime Queues and Queue members on 1.4.28.
I've noticed if there are no people in the queue when a call enters,
even after a queue member enters, the call is never rang to him.

 From the debug, it seems that Asterisk is only grabbing the queue
member list upon entering the queue. And not again until another call
enters the queue. As a result, a caller will sit in the queue for an
unknown amount of time until the the next caller enters the queue.

My next thought was, 'well, I'll leave the queue member in there and
just pause him when he goes on break'... but the same thing occurs. If
the caller enters the queue when the member is paused, Asterisk
continues to see him paused until another call enters the queue.

So my question is this, is this fixed in 1.6.x? Or does anyone else even
see this as a problem/bug?  Might I suggest a fix of if the queue is
empty upon entry of a call, Asterisk checks back every 15 seconds (or
whatever) to refresh the queue member list.

Btw, if a 'queue show <queuename>' is done from CLi, or
QUEUE_MEMBER_COUNT() is used it will grab a new member list, and the
call will ring through. Just seems like a bad behavior.

Any thoughts?

--Robert