[asterisk-users] SIP Listen Multiple Ports

Michelle Dupuis support at ocg.ca
Mon Jan 4 13:54:00 CST 2010

Could you explain this one a bit more...

You run openSER on the same box as asterisk, and have multiple such boxes,
with the purpose of failover?  But if a box goes down with openser on it,
then there is no forwarding.  (And most phones can only reg with peer). If
you move openSER to another independent box, then you have a single point of
failure.

I suspect I'm not understanding something correctly....