[asterisk-users] Script to show asterisk stuff

Tiago Geada tiago.geada at gmail.com
Mon Jan 4 10:46:00 CST 2010

Hello folks.

I'm looking into having a web page displaying asterisk callers.
We are a call centre, and having operators answering calls at home or
whatever, they would need to have a real time application to display how
manny callers are queuing, for how long etc.

At first, I thought of phpagi. It connects to the manager and does a "core
show channels concise".
This has most of the info I want.
After tweaking with php to parse the text to exatcly how I wanted, I found
out that the script would be slow if it was self refreshing (say 2 secs) and
with about 30 people opening it at the same time.

So now I was thinking in a script that would connect to the Manager, and
parse that output into a mysql table.
A Web page would consult the mysql table, showing the wanted results.

Then I thought twice and maybe some of you already developed a situation
like this and would not mind sharing?

I don't mind sharing the little I done so far, if anyone is interested.

Thanks all