[asterisk-users] MYSQL queries from dial plan

Scott L. Lykens slykens at verimedservices.com
Mon Jan 4 08:03:27 CST 2010

[mysql dialplan function]

> This currently takes about 4 seconds to complete.
>
> If I run two simultaneous queries, this goes up to about 9 seconds for
> both queries to complete.
>
> Is there a way that I can bring this time down?

How long does the query take when executed at the MySQL command line?

In my experience there is no perceptible Asterisk-related delay in
executing MySQL from the dialplan versus ODBC versus the MySQL command
line. Is DNS involved or do you access MySQL by IP?

A long time ago we had a poorly written LCR routine that ran for about 3
seconds on a large set of tables. A little bit of intelligence and
indexing has brought that down to 0.3 seconds on old single-core
hardware.

sl