[asterisk-users] DNS reload on trunks for outgoing calls

Remco Barendse asterisk at barendse.to
Mon Jan 4 02:34:42 CST 2010

Is there any fix or workaround for the DNS problem (old standing bug that
when the box starts and domain names do not resolve quickly enough from
DNS then asterisk stops using the outgoing trunks.

I read on the list before that it is considered a huge and unacceptable
load for asterisk servers to try and resolve the domain names again
after some time but it is rather annoying. I don't know about
resources of other people but on my boxes i have some cpu cycles that
could be used for that :)

I now do nightly restarts of asterisk but it still means that at least for
one day calls are flowing through expensive PSTN.

If anybody knows of a workaround, would be most welcome