[asterisk-users] Help getting info from caller

Landy Landy landysaccount at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 2 08:01:17 CST 2010

Hello. Happy New Year to everyone.

I have a small WISP and would like to have customers to call our number to check their balance. I am planning on writing an AGI with php so it can get the customer info from the customer database. I don't know how to interact with the caller while in the agi script so this is what I have in mind:

[test-agi]
exten => 33,1,Answer()
exten => 33,n,Wait(0.5)
exten => 33,n,BackGround(please-enter)
exten => 33,n,BackGround(customer-account)
exten => 33,n, ---- I would like to set a variable here but don't know how -----
exten => 33,n,BackGround(enter-password)
exten => 33,n, ---- I would like to set a variable here but don't know how -----
exten => 33,n,AGI(testphp.agi,${ACCOUNT},${PASSWORD})
---- receive the balance here from agi ----

exten => 33,n,Verbose(".... This is agi status ...${AGISTATUS}...")
exten => 33,n,hangup()

I've never worked with agi but, I'm reading some documents I found online but, need more help trying to get this working.

Thanks in advanced for your help.