[asterisk-users] : PSTN calls

Steve Edwards asterisk.org at sedwards.com
Fri Feb 26 12:50:55 CST 2010

On Fri, 26 Feb 2010, Aditya Kumar wrote:

> sip-xlite talking to Asterisk Asterisk Box is connected to USBfxo
> (example). USBfxo connects to my Phone line.(which is fxo)
>
> so with translations defined I can call, from Analong phone to sip lite
> (internally)
>
> Now if I want to make calls to the external PSTN world how can I make
> this?
>
> 1) Because my USB acts as my FXO. can I connect this to my wall mount in
> the house to the USBfxo? my wall mount acts as a FXO (if I am
> correct!!). can we connect to FXO's??

FXO - Foreign eXchange Office - this is what connects to the telco office
via the wall socket.

FXS - Foreign eXchange Station - this is what connects to your analog
telephone set, desk phone, fax machine, etc.

You reference "USBfxo." If you mean the Sangoma USB FXO U100, it is 2 FXO
ports, no FXS ports. What are you using to connect your analog phone?

If you to get the U100, please report back on your experience

--
Thanks in advance,