[asterisk-users] Asterisk RPM's

David Backeberg dbackeberg at gmail.com
Fri Feb 26 12:06:06 CST 2010

On Fri, Feb 26, 2010 at 11:24 AM, Jay Vocaire <jvocaire at innproc.com> wrote:
> I am new to Asterisk and have searched all over for an answer to this,
> so please don't skewer me too bad if this is a stupid question.  I am
> currently running 1.6.0.21 on a few test boxes (one i386, one x64), and
> have noticed that there haven't been any RPM updates since .21, even
> though .25 just hit.
>
> What I am wondering about (and please don't assume this is a complaint,
> I simply don't know the reasoning) is the lag between the release of the
> version and the RPM availability.  Is there something that needs to be
> done other than compiling the code?  If so, what is it?

I'm assuming that somebody, somewhere built a SPEC file, which is (I
thought) required to build an rpm. If you can track that down, you
should be able to use that spec file and change out the source it's
pointing to, to build your own rpms at will.

I just did a find | grep -i spec on an asterisk source tree, so I'm
going out on a limb and saying it's not distributed in the normal
source package.