[asterisk-users] identify the costumer

jon pounder jonp at inline.net
Wed Feb 24 10:41:39 CST 2010

Douglas Pasqua wrote:
> Hi People,
>
> I work in a company that are using asterisk as pbx.
>
> I need a way to identify what client my employees are calling. For
> example:
>
> - For each call that an employee of my company make to a customer,
> must identify the client name in the CDR table.
> - Is there a way of my employee enter a code to identify the client
> and then enter a phone number to make the call? I would like to
> identify the customer's name in the table
> CDR.

throw the information into a database and lookup the numbers before
displaying the output with some other app.
once they are in the db great but to build that up you could use any of
the reverse lookup services and then just ask whoever made the calls to
fill in whatever else is missing until you are up to a high hit rate of
matches in your database. Have a procedure to enter new numbers for new
clients.

if you use something like sugar, just use the data in there to do your
lookups since that is likely where the staff are looking up the numbers
to make the calls in the first place.